Whole Wheat Matcha Waffles
WHOLE WHEAT MATCHA WAFFLES
Everyone loves a waffle. A fun and easy breakfast treat that the whole family will love. Grab your waffle maker and these clean ingredients you can feel good about. Filled with texture, matcha and plant based milk, these whole wheat, dairy free waffles are the perfect go to. They’re a treat both kids and adults will enjoy and make for the perfect weekend breakfast. Quick to make and nutrient-rich, what could be better? Top with some of your favorite fresh berries and warm maple syrup.
- 90g all-purpose flour
- 60g whole wheat flour
- 3g Nekohama matcha
- 2g baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 200 ml plant based milk
- 6g lime or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Vanilla extract
- 55g coconut oil, melted and cooled
- Juice half of a lime or lemon, add to milk and set aside for 10-15 mins.
- Melt coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, mix wet ingredients, including sugar.
- Pout wet into dry. Mix until just combined.
- Add coconut oil and mix until the batter is smooth and glossy.
- Preheat a waffle pan (or an electric waffle maker). Grease if necessary.
- Pour the batter and fry on both sides until golden brown, about 3-5 mins.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and fresh berries.