Vegan Mango Matcha Panna cotta
VEGAN MANGO MATCHA PANNA COTTA
A delicious plant-based dessert which can be enjoyed any time of the year. The fruity sweet mango purée on top compliments the gentle bitterness of the matcha panna cotta. To set the dessert we use Agar, the perfect vegan substitute for gelatin.
- 200 g Full fat coconut milk/cream
- 140 g Cashew milk
- 25g Xylose sugar or any other sugar
- 4g (2 tsp) Nekohama matcha
- 2.5 g (~ 1 tsp) Agar powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 ripe Mango
- Black sesame seeds for garnish
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, warm up coconut milk and cashew milk over medium heat.
- Take 1/4 cup and pour over matcha powder. Mix well.
- Add the matcha mixture back to the saucepan, followed by sugar and agar powder. Mix well until sugar and agar has dissolved and no more matcha lumps left.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and boil for 3-4 mins to activate agar powder, stirring frequently.
- Pour into ramekins or serving glasses and place in a fridge for 1-2 hours to set. The mixture will start to thicken quickly so work fast.
- While you wait for panna cotta to set, slice ripe mango and puree in a blender or food processor. That's it. No need for any other ingredients.
- When panna cotta has set, top with mango puree and garnish with black sesame seeds