Blueberry Matcha Muffins
BLUEBERRY MATCHA MUFFINS
A blueberry muffin. One of nature’s gifts to us all. Fluffy, crumbly, sweet and tart at the same time, there is nothing better when you’re craving something sweet. Our one-bowl vegan recipe provides all of the sweetness we crave when reaching for a bakeshop muffin, without the guilt. Gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free, our Blueberry Matcha Muffins are wholesome and loaded with nutrient dense ingredients, never sacrificing flavor for health. Nekohama Matcha is our secret weapon.
Makes 6 muffins
- 140g (150 ml) plant milk
- 70g oil
- 50g coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 5g (2-3 tsp) matcha powder
- 120g plain flour
- 80g spelt flour
- 9g (1 tbsp) baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g fresh or frozen blueberries
For the vegan crumble topping (optional):
- 60g (¼ cup) vegan butter
- 70g (½ cup) plain flour
- 50g (½ cup) oats or oat flour
- 70g (¼ cup) coconut or cane sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2g matcha
- In a smaller bowl mix the milk, oil, vanilla and sugar.
- In another bowl, sift together the flours, matcha powder and baking powder.
- Pour wet into the dry and mix just until combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide the batter between muffin cups using two spoons or an ice cream scoop.
- Sprinkle with raw sugar or vegan streusel.
For the crumble:
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Add room temp butter and mix until crumbs form.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Bake in the preheated oven at 375F / 180C for 25 mins. Let them cool on a wire rack slightly before serving.
VEGAN - DAIRY FREE