Strawberry Matcha Latte
This iced Strawberry Matcha Latte is the perfect pick me up on a sunny afternoon or a calm Saturday morning. It’s a twist on our traditional Iced Matcha Latte, packed with even more flavor and benefits from the sweetness of fresh (or frozen) strawberries. Grab your blender and your frother and enjoy whipping up a batch of this fragrant yet earthy drink. With loads of L-theanine from our Matcha, caffeine will be delivered smoothly into your system and give you energy that will last all day!
- 4-5 medium-sized fresh or frozen strawberries (about ½ cup)
- 1 tsp coconut sugar or raw cane sugar**
- 2g matcha
- 75 ml hot but not boiling water
- 1/2 cup plant milk (the kind that froths well)
- Ice cubes
- Wash and cut strawberries into small pieces.
- Add sugar and mash roughly with fork if you don’t mind having chunks of strawberry in your drink. Alternatively, whiz in a blender until smooth, but keep in mind that the smoother the texture, the harder it will be to achieve clean layers.
- Prepare matcha.
- Froth cold your milk of choice.
- Assemble the drink: start with strawberry puree, then add ice cubes (it’s not necessary but helps to create separation between layers), and slowly pour frothed milk so that the foam sits on top of ice cubes. Finally, very slowly and carefully pour matcha.
- Mix and enjoy!
VEGAN - GLUTEN FREE - DAIRY FREE