Matcha Boba with Strawberry Milk
MATCHA BOBA WITH STRAWBERRY MILK
Bring the boba shop to your kitchen with this homemade strawberry boba tea recipe! With step-by-step instructions and tips we will guide you how to make it quick and easy.
- 135g (1 cup) tapioca starch, divided
- 30g (1/4 cup) coconut sugar
- 75g (1/3 cup) water
This amount makes 230g boba. Use however much you want and freeze the rest.
- 6g (1 tbsp) Nekohama matcha
- 50g strawberry puree
- 1 cup cashew or other plant based creamy milk
- 2-3 fresh strawberries, cut into bite-sized chunks
- Mix sugar, 30g (about 1/3 cup) tapioca starch and matcha.
- Add water, mix well and microwave for 1 min. It will start to look jelly-like.
- Gradually add remaining tapioca starch while kneading. It will be a crumbly mess in the beginning, but keep going! Soon you'll have an elastic piece of dough that doesn't stick.
- Divide the dough into sections. Roll each into a log and cut into pea sized pieces. Roll into balls and place into a bowl, lightly dusted with tapioca starch to prevent sticking.
- At this point you can freeze tapioca balls.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Drop tapioca balls and boil for 15-20 min. Turn off the heat, cover with a lid and let them sit for 10 mins. Drain, rinse and add some honey or maple syrup. Let them cool.
- Mix cashew milk and strawberry puree. Cut fresh strawberries into bite-sized pieces.
- Assemble the drink - spoon matcha tapioca balls, add ice, fresh strawberry, milk and matcha. Mix and enjoy!
VEGAN - GLUTEN FREE - DAIRY FREE