GLUTEN FREE MATCHA SHORTBREAD COOKIE
This easy, crisp, melt-in-your-mouth shortbread cookies recipe comes together with 6 ingredients you probably have in your pantry! Simple, quick to make, and super delicious to pair with a cup of tea!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp matcha
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl . Mix maple syrup, vanilla extract and olive oil in a small bowl and add this to the dry ingredients. Mix everything gently together with a hand whisk until green and smooth.
- Store the dough in the freezer for 30 minute or in the fridge overnight.
- Place dough on a piece of parchment paper, add another piece of parchment paper on top and roll out the dough till about 1.4 – 1.8 inch thick.
- Take off the top layer of the parchment paper.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out as many cookies as possible. Add these onto a baking sheet on a baking tray.
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes in 350F ( 180 C ) until edges are brown. You can store the cookies up to 3 days room temperature or 7 days in the fridge. Enjoy!
*** Notes: The dough is easy to store in the freezer and to make in advances!
VEGAN - GLUTEN FREE - DAIRY FREE