Dalgona coffee recipes have recently taken the internet by storm. The name Dalgona is the South Korean word for a type of honeycomb candy. So, as you can imagine, Dalgona coffee is made by whipping equal parts instant coffee powder, sugar, and cream – a sugary, overly caffeinated dream. Swap the coffee, sugar and jitters for matcha, oat milk and coconut cream, and you’ve got yourself a light, fluffy and naturally sweetened latte that won’t leave you with that awful sugary coffee crash.
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) coconut cream or full fat coconut milk
- 15g (1 tbsp) matcha
- Oat milk
- Ice (optional)
- Chill coconut cream overnight in the fridge or place in the freezer for 10 mins. Chill the bowl too.
- Whip the cream until thickened. Add sugar.
- After the sugar has dissolved, add matcha and whip until matcha fully dissolves and there’s no lumps. Be careful not to over whip or the cream will start separating.
- Add ice in the serving glass (optional). Pour in oat milk and top with whipped matcha coconut cream.
- Serve immediately.
VEGAN - GLUTEN FREE - DAIRY FREE