Double the green, double the flavor. Pesto is a mouthful of bright summer. Combine it with our smooth, earthy and semi-sweet Matcha, and you’ve found yourself with a dangerous duo. Packed with basil, mint, spinach, matcha and pistachios, these magical green ingredients provide high levels of chlorophyll and taste incredible. When combined, you’ve got a versatile, beautiful green sauce for pasta, chicken or fish. You can even serve it on its own as a dip! It’s just that good.
- 3g (1 ½ tsp) matcha
- ½ cup mint leaves, packed
- ½ cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves, packed
- 1 clove garlic
- ¾ cup pine nuts and/or pistachios
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- ½ cup EV olive oil
- 30g grated parmesan cheese (or vegan cheese)
- Pasta for serving (gluten free pasta if you would like it gluten free)
- In a bowl of a food processor or blender, combine everything but the EV oil and parmesan.
- Pulse until just combined.
- With the processor running on low, gradually, add the oil.
- Add parmesan and pulse a few times to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a jar.
- To serve, simply add the desired amount to pasta and mix everything together.
- Plate, garnish with pine nuts and basil.